Telfa™ AMD antimicrobial sponges are impregnated with 0.2% Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a broad range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative micro-organisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA.
Telfa™ AMD antimicrobial sponges are non-adherent absorbent dressings with a dual sided perforated film.
- Ideal for use as a primary dressing for lightly draining wounds
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against gram negative, gram positive and fungi/yeast micro-organisms including MRSA and VRE
- Limits cross-contamination from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the environment
- Resists bacterial colonisation within the dressing and helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing
- Reduces bacterial penetration through the dressing to help minimise infection exposure from strikethrough
- Helps reduce the risk of hospital acquired infection
- Non-adherent to allow for new tissue growth without interrupting the healing process. Allows for pain free removal.
- Will not adhere to sutures, staples or steri-strips
- Absorbent core offers light to moderate absorbency to remove excess fluid from the wound site
Telfa™ AMD Non-adherent dressings are indicated for:
- Lightly draining wounds
- Skin grafts
- Donor sites
- Surgical incisions
- Chronic wounds
|Size||Pieces per box||Product code||PIP code||NHS code|
|10cm x 7.5cm||50||7662||322-7238||EJE143|
|20cm x 7.5cm||50||7663||322-7287||EJE038|