Telfa™ AMD antimicrobial sponges are impregnated with 0.2% Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a broad range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative micro-organisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA.
Telfa™ AMD Island dressing is a non-adherent absorbent dressing which is ideal for use as a primary dressing for lightly draining wounds.
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against gram negative, gram positive and fungi/yeast micro-organisms including MRSA and VRE
- Limits cross-contamination from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the environment
- Resists bacterial colonisation within the dressing and helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing
- Reduces bacterial penetration through the dressing to help minimise infection exposure from strikethrough
- Helps reduce the risk of hospital acquired infection
- Non-adherent to allow for new tissue growth without interrupting the healing process. Allows for pain free removal.
- Will not adhere to sutures, staples or steri-strips
- Absorbent core offers light to moderate absorbency to remove excess fluid from the wound site
- Conformable and comfortable to wear
- No requirement for secondary dressing fixation due to integrated adhesive border. Saves nursing time and seals around drains catheters, etc.
Telfa™ AMD Island dressings are indicated for:
- IV sites
- Central lines
- Surgical incisions
- Lightly draining wounds
- Skin tears
|Size||Pieces per box||Product code||PIP code||NHS code|
|10cm x 12.5cm||25||7665||322-7311||EIJ032|
|10cm x 20cm||25||7666||322-7329||EIJ323|
|10cm x 25.5cm||25||7667||322-7337||EIJ324|
|10cm x 35.5cm||25||7668||322-7345||EIJ322|