CAROLON Anti-embolism Stockings
CAROLON Anti-Embolism stockings ensure patients receive the highest quality protection against pulmonary embolism through a broad range of sizes including both knee and thigh length and adjustable designs for bariatric patients, those with oedema and following surgery.
- Unique design two way stretch fabric – ensuring the stockings stay in place
- Inspection hole – allowing convenient monitoring of pulse, skin colour and temperature
- No pressure in toe area – allows free movement without constriction
- Floating heel pocket – virtually eliminating any unwanted pressure on the heel or toe areas
- Non-constrictive thigh band – to keep stocking in optimal position
- Compression break in thigh – to ensure normal blood flow in femoral artery and vein
- Adjustable panel – allows precise control of the fit and compression at the upper thigh
- Easy to apply – the adjustable panel can be opened during application
- Comfortable – contoured for accurate fit, cool and lightweight
- Durable – may be laundered and tumble dried whilst retaining compression rates
- Accurate ankle measuring system ensures 18mmHg ankle compression
With its wide range of sizes, CAROLON Anti-Embolism stocking system ensures each patient receives the highest quality protection against pulmonary embolism and reduces the need for made to measure products. The broad range of sizes includes: Knee Length, Thigh Length and Adjustable Thigh for bariatric patients, patients with oedema and those following surgery.
Further substantial discounts are available through the 2017 NHSSC Vascular Therapy framework agreement.
Carolon clinical studies
|NICE GUIDELINES LINK|
|Clare Morris||The Nursing Care of Patients Wearing Anti-Embolic Stockings||All Wales Tissue Viability Nurse Forum: Guidelines for Best Practice.|
|Summary of Test Results vs Siegel Profile|
Applying CAROLON Anti-embolism Stockings*
- Ensure that the patients legs have been measured to ensure the correct size is ordered to fit the patient properly
- To reduce the chance of DVT after discharge, the stockings should be worn until usual levels of activity are resumed
- Always adhere to you local hospital policy in regards to VTE prophylaxis
Caring for your CAROLON Anti-embolism Stockings
- Place stockings in a hosiery bag and machine wash in warm water on a gentle cycle
- Tumble dry on a medium heat
- If bleaching is desired, do not use a chlorine bleach, use peroxide based bleach only
- DO NOT expose to direct heat sources such as irons, blow dryers or radiators
- DO NOT dry clean
*See product insert leaflet for full instructions for use.